Information Management Specialist
BC Pension Corporation
Location: Victoria, BC
Compensation: $66,557.72 to $75,884.38 per annum
Why choose us?
There is more to Pension Corporation than you might think. We are an award-winning organization with meaningful purpose-driven work, where staff have impact and create peace of mind for those we serve. We have cultivated an outstanding community rooted in respect, where employees are inspired to have courage, take action, and be at their best every day.
Our new nine-year strategic plan, Plan 20|30: Our Future is Insight, will guide us from 2021 to 2030. To learn about our aspirations and objectives and how you can be a part of a people-focused organization that is grounded in operational excellence, visit bcpensioncorp.ca
What we offer:
• A variety of work options (modified workweek, on-campus work, or a hybrid of work from home/on-campus)
• Incredible campus with collaboration spaces
• Ongoing training and professional development opportunities and scholarship programs
• Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family
• Defined benefit pension program
• Health & wellness programs - lunchtime seminars, community activities and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Opportunities to give back to the community and support not-for-profits
• Seasonal events and socials
• A robust awards/recognition program
• Discounts on BC Transit passes, travel and accommodation, cell phones and plans, and more
Description and Duties
We are seeking an Information Management Specialist to join our team in VICTORIA, British Columbia, Canada.
As an Information Management Specialist, you will develop, analyze, interpret, and apply policies, standards and processes related to information management to provide service, guidance, and advice to clients. Services to clients include the development and delivery of training and awareness activities, development and implementation of record retention schedules, and IM process documentation.
The successful candidates will be responsible for conducting routine privacy incident investigations as assigned by the Team Lead. Investigations include gathering information about the incident, documenting findings, and making recommendations. This position will also coordinate the search, identification, location, and retrieval of responsive records for access requests to corporation-held records in accordance with FOIPPA and will determine if records should be released or withheld, based on review and analysis of requests.
If you are passionate about building information management awareness with clients and implementing solutions that bring business value, we want to hear from you!
What do you need to succeed?
• A degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Master of Library and Information Studies or a similar field and three years of related information management (includes records management) experience.
• An equivalent combination of education, training and related information management (includes records management) experience may be considered.
• Experience supervising or coaching staff.
The three years of experience must include:
• Applying and enforcing information lifecycle management principles and techniques and data retention and information schedule requirements.
• Managing records or information using an enterprise records and document management system (e.g. TRIM, RM8, MS SharePoint).
A minimum of one year experience must include:
• Developing and delivering information management training materials to diverse audiences.
• Playing a key-role in small to medium information management projects.
• Conducting research and developing policies and standards.
• Coordinating Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIPP) or compliance and/or regulatory requests.
Nice to have
• Certified Records Manager or Enterprise Content Management Master or Certified Information Professional are considered as assets.
Diversity & Inclusion
BC Pension Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in working with us. We will let you know about your status in this competition as soon as possible. If you have questions about this opportunity, please email us at email@example.com.
How to Apply
Apply at: https://www.bcpensioncorp.ca/careers/job-postings
Application Webpage (URL): https://www.bcpensioncorp.ca/careers/job-postings
Application Deadline: January 17, 2022
Suite 1912-130 Albert Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5G4
Tel: 613-234-6977, 1 Fax: 613-234-8500
The ACA office is located on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of the Anishinaabe Algonquin Nation whose presence here reaches back to time immemorial.
Privacy & Confidentiality - Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct
Copyright © 2022 - The Association of Canadian Archivists