Conjuring the Spirits of Success - Heritage Wins the Day
A look at how to successfully develop heritage material from your archival collection. Focusing in on four types of organizations we show how successful strategies are really a matter of knowing your customer and providing the convenience of access:
1) Large collection, many partners
2) Large collection, few partners
3) Small collection, many partners
4) Small collection, few partners. Examples are taken from across North America, Europe and Africa.
Specifically how to maintain the balance with preserving the integrity of mission statement and collection with the needs of partners and our clients.
Dave Evans, archivist of the LCBO for thirty years. Author of fiction and non-fiction. Former chair of the Government Special Interest Group of the ACA and the chair of the Government Section of the SAA.
1) Project Management - Principally attendees will learn to manage projects with partners. The skills needed to preserve the long term viability of the organization will be shown in the context of real world examples of archives;
2) Cultural Heritage Management;
3) Networking and collaborative development of the collection and organization.
Suite 1912-130 Albert Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5G4
The ACA office is located on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of the Anishinaabe Algonquin Nation whose presence here reaches back to time immemorial.
Privacy & Confidentiality - Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct
Copyright © 2022 - The Association of Canadian Archivists