Information Management Specialist
BC Pension Corporation
Location: Victoria, BC
Compensation: $65,252.73 to $74,396.51 per annum
• Flexible work schedules (mobility work, modified work weeks, job sharing, etc.)
• Competitive compensation
• Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
• Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family
• Defined benefit pension program
• Health & wellness programs - lunchtime seminars, community health activities (yoga, kayaking, etc.) and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
Diversity & Inclusion
BC Pension Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Description and Duties
We are currently seeking an Information Management Specialist to join our team in VICTORIA, British Columbia, Canada.
The Information Management Specialist's main focus is to deliver a records and information management (IM) program for the corporation so that corporate information assets are managed effectively in accordance with their determined value and as required by legislation, policy, standards and procedures.
This role will develop, analyze, interpret and apply policies, standards and processes related to IM in order to provide IM service, guidance and advice to clients. Services to clients include the development and delivery of training and awareness activities, development and implementation of record retention schedules, and IM process documentation. This position will also conduct routine privacy incident investigations as assigned by the Team Lead. Investigations include gathering information about the incident, documenting findings and making recommendations. This position also coordinates the search, identification, location, and retrieval of responsive records for access requests to corporation-held records in accordance with FOIPPA and determines if records should be released or withheld, based on review and analysis of requests.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing information in a dynamic environment. If you are passionate about building positive relationships with clients and implementing solutions that bring business value we want to hear from you!
• A degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Master of Library and Information Studies or a similar field and three years of related information management (includes records management) experience.
• An equivalent combination of education, training and related information management (includes records management) experience may be considered.
• Experience supervising or coaching staff.
The three years of experience must include:
• Applying and enforcing information lifecycle management principles and techniques and data retention and information schedule requirements.
• Managing records or information using an enterprise records and document management system (e.g. TRIM, RM8, MS SharePoint).
A minimum of one year experience must include:
• Developing and delivering training materials to diverse audiences.
• Playing a key-role in small to medium information management projects.
• Conducting research and developing policies and standards.
• Coordinating Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIPP) or compliance and/or regulatory requests.
• Certified Records Manager or Enterprise Content Management Master or Certified Information Professional are considered as assets.
Cover letter: A cover letter is required. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Resume: A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes. Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that related to the job requirements as listed above.
Questionnaire: As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Ensure your questionnaire responses are complete as your résumé may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Testing: May be required.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm PST on February 1, 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
If you are unable to access the links, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
An eligibility list may be established. Lesser qualified applicants may be appointed at a lower level.
Please apply through our career website: https://bcpensioncorp.prevueaps.ca/jobs/
Contact: Human Resources
Suite 1912-130 Albert Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5G4
Tel: 613-234-6977, 1 Fax: 613-234-8500
Privacy & Confidentiality - Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct
Copyright © 2019 - The Association of Canadian Archivists