Treaty 8 Tribal Association - Treaty and Aboriginal Rights Research Program
Location: Fort St. John, BC
Full-time, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Term: September 2020 to March 2021 (potential for extension)
The Treaty 8 Tribal Association (T8TA) provides a range of advisory, advocacy, and technical services for its member First Nations in northeast British Columbia. The Treaty and Aboriginal Rights Research (TARR) program operates out of the T8TA and has been in existence since the early 1990s and its primary objective is to support the research and preparation of specific claims for their member First Nations. Another function of the TARR program is to house historical and cultural information related to their member First Nations. As a result, the program's archive houses numerous records in varying mediums: textual, audio, visual, books, and maps.
Description and Duties
The Archive Manager is responsible for the strategic planning, collections management, and daily operations of the TARR program's physical and digital archive. This includes the refinement and development of archival policies and procedures.
• Hold a master's degree in Archival Studies, Library & Information Science, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
• Minimum of two years work experience in an archives or museum setting
• Training in records management (focus on archival collections management)
• Familiarity with collection management databases. Experience with Laserfiche is considered an asset.
• Knowledge of privacy and copyright legislation
• Excellent abilities in big picture planning and problem solving
• Superior written and communication skills, time management, and organizational skills
• Strong analytical, research, and synthesis skills
• Knowledge and understanding of Beaver/Dene/Cree/Saulteau cultures, Treaty 8, and specific claims research are considered assets.
To Apply, send cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Marlene Greyeyes. Interim Executive Director
10233-100 avenue, Fort St John, BC, V1J 1Y8
Application Deadline: August 21, 2020
Suite 1912-130 Albert Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5G4
Tel: 613-234-6977, 1 Fax: 613-234-8500
Privacy & Confidentiality - Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct
Copyright © 2019 - The Association of Canadian Archivists