Manager, Records and Information Governance and City Archivist
City of Vaughan
As one of Southern Ontario's fastest growing cities, with its mix of urban and rural areas, Vaughan is an in-demand place to live and work. Vaughan is considered one of Canada's most family friendly cities with a dynamic and diverse population of over 300,000. With one of the top performing economies, a growing tourism industry and an enviable portfolio of recreational and cultural venues, this is the place where you want to be.
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Compensation: $111,727.00 - $133,008.00/Year. In addition to offering a competitive compensation package, we have a strong focus on health.
Description and Duties
Reporting to the Deputy City Clerk, the Manager, Records and Information Governance and City Archivist oversees the City's Records & Information Governance program and initiatives. Responsible for developing, managing and leading the Corporation's Archives & Records Management Services and Information Production & Distribution functions, systems and staff. Maintains integrity and security of the Corporation's records and information. Provides strategic and operational advice and recommendations on Corporate records, information governance framework and initiatives, including the Enterprise Content Management (ECM) System. Manages the development and evaluation of Corporate information management training initiatives for all levels of staff. Develops and manages Corporation-wide performance measures and benchmarking initiatives for records and information management.
• Master's Degree in Information Management (Master of Information; Master of Archival Studies; etc.) or equivalent.
• Minimum of ten (10) years' experience in information management field; with at least five (5) years in staff supervision, program leadership, policy analysis/development, and project management roles.
• Experience in managing information management functions and systems in a large public or private organization; knowledge of business re-engineering principles and methodologies, and best practices in information management service delivery.
• Certified Records Manager designation or eligibility for same.
• Thorough knowledge of information science (at expert level in technical standards); records and information management and archival theory, principles, methodology, and practice; electronic information management systems and associated computer applications; and information management technical standards
• Ability to analyze, design, implement, and audit processes for the control of complex information management systems; with focus on ensuring trustworthy electronic recordkeeping systems, digital archiving, and information security.
• Knowledge of Electronic Document & Records Management Systems (EDRMS) and Enterprise Content Management Systems (ECM); experience in planning and deployment of same.
• Knowledge of relevant legislation/regulations.
• Certified Archivist (C.A.) designation and municipal environment experience preferred.
• Availability to work flexible hours to accommodate committee meetings, public relation activities, etc.
• Most of the work is performed in an office environment. Some work (10%) is done offsite in the community or at the records centre.
• Work in the records centre may result in exposure to heat, dust and/or microbes.
If you are an energetic person who is interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to the City of Vaughan, please visit our website to apply online by Friday August 14, 2020.
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Vaughan is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The City of Vaughan is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Deadline: August 14, 2020, apply here.
Suite 1912-130 Albert Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5G4
Tel: 613-234-6977, 1 Fax: 613-234-8500
Privacy & Confidentiality - Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct
Copyright © 2019 - The Association of Canadian Archivists