Archives Reference Coordinator
County of Simcoe
Location: Midhurst, Ontario
Compensation: $23.76 - $28.99 per hour (as per Collective Agreement) Union: CUPE 5820.01
Assist the County Archivist in the development and maintenance of archival collections, procedures, and services. Act as Program Lead in the Archives' Digital Preservation program. Undertake a full range of archival service delivery, including but not limited to: archival appraisal, conservation and preservation, accessioning, arrangement and description, database management, reference services, and outreach.
• Master of Archival Studies, Master of Information with a concentration in Archives and/or Digital Preservation, or Master of Library and Information with a concentration in Archives and/or Digital Preservation, or equivalent. Post-graduate certificates in Digital Preservation, Digital Archives Management, or equivalent are desirable.
• One (1) year of experience in a related role at an archives or other cultural institution with significant archival holdings, and including:
• Practical experience in digital preservation, including:
• Experience using digital preservation systems
• Experience completing digitization projects
• Experience in digital imaging
• Experience applying digital preservation technologies and standards
• Practical experience appraising, accessioning, arranging and describing records according to RAD, and providing access to records, preferably including born-digital and digitized records.
• Knowledge of digital preservation best practices, technologies, and standards.
• Proficiency in current historical and genealogical research methods and best practices.
• Knowledge of the local history and development of local government in the County of Simcoe an asset.
• Knowledge of arrangement and description of archival records according to the Rules for Archival Description (RAD).
• Familiarity with archival database software and associated best practices.
• Knowledge of provincial and federal legislation that applies to archives (e.g. Copyright Act, Municipal Act, MFIPPA, etc.) and ability to explain legislation and regulations to clients and to ensure that they understand all aspects of the service.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with an ability to operate in a fast paced, multi-functional environment where priorities change regularly and frequent interruptions are a given.
• Strong data entry skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
View the job description and submit your application online at: https://www.simcoe.ca/jobs
Application Deadline: January 28, 2022
Suite 1912-130 Albert Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5G4
Tel: 613-234-6977, 1 Fax: 613-234-8500
The ACA office is located on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of the Anishinaabe Algonquin Nation whose presence here reaches back to time immemorial.
Privacy & Confidentiality - Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct
Copyright © 2021 - The Association of Canadian Archivists