From Archivaria and our outstanding annual conference to mentorship and Special Interest Sections, the ACA provides programs, products and services designed to help you make the most of your archivist career.
ACA Membership runs the calendar year (January 1 to December 31).
As a member of the ACA, you will be able to:
- Support the ACA’s important advocacy and outreach activities
- Read and contribute to Archivaria, a world-leading journal of the study of archives
- Keep up-to-date with professional news through ACA Bulletin [link to blog]
- Access the exclusive Members Only section of the ACA website, including a searchable electronic Directory of Members, proceedings from recent ACA conferences and access to the latest eight issues of Archivaria
- Enjoy valuable savings on professional development and networking opportunities, including workshops and the annual conference
- Enjoy exclusive access to the ACA Institute, an advanced level seminar for archivists
- Participate in ACA Special Interest Sections devoted to aboriginal archives, electronic records, personal archives, religious archives, and university and college archives
- Use effective tools to reach out in your community
- Network with colleagues from across Canada and around the world
- Elect members to the ACA Board of Directors
- Get your career off to a powerful start with the ACA’s mentorship program
Each Individual member is entitled to receive notice of, attend and vote at all meetings of members and each Individual. The rates for individual membership are as follows:
2018 Membership Rates
|Class of Membership||Membership Fee|
|$ 00, 000 - 9, 9999||$ 90|
$70,000 and over
|Associate (non-voting, friends category)||$ 160|
In order to qualify for the student membership rate, you must be enrolled as a full-time student at a high school, college, or university.
ACA offers a student e-membership that includes electronic rather than print copies of these publications. Both types of student membership are limited to a maximum 3-year term.
Associate category is a non-voting, friends category and the rate for Associate membership is $160.
Institutional membership shall be available to institutions that wish both to receive the publications of the Association of Canadian Archivists on a regular basis.
Each institutional member shall notify the executive director regarding the name and contact particulars of its official representative who will act as the single point of contact between the member and the ACA as well as any changes in the name and contact particulars.
Institutional members are not entitled to receive notice of, attend or vote at any meeting of the members; however the board of directors may extend an invitation to Institution
Rates for institutional membership are based on staff compliment of the institution.
- 0-2 staff : $ 273.00
- 3-5 staff : $ 294.00
- 6-20 staff : $ 887.00
- 21-50 staff: $ 1, 742.00
- 51-399 staff: $ 2, 587.00
- 400 staff and over: $ 15, 543.00