Following a successful completion of the 2015 Annual Conference sessions and events in Regina, SK., the Board of Directors is pleased to provide the following highlights:
- 203 individuals attend, with 190 delegates and speakers participated in the 24 plenary and concurrent sessions.
- ACA’s Foundation raised over $2,000 in its annual fund-raising raffle and silent auction.
At the Awards Luncheon, Heather MacNeil, Archivaria General Editor announced the winners of these prizes:
- Laura Millar was awarded the W. Kaye Lamb Prize for her article Coming up with Plan B: Considering the Future of Canadian Archives which appears in Archivaria #77,
- Fiorella Foscarini was awarded the Hugh Taylor Award for her article A Genre-Based Investigation of Workplace Communities which appears in Archivaria #78
- Martin Skrypnyk was awarded the Gordon Dodds prize for his article, The Pillow Book of Chris Marker: The Arrangement and Description of Personal Archives published in Archivaria #79
At the Association’s Annual General Meeting, the following individuals were elected to the Board of Directors, with terms beginning January 1, 2016;
- Jordan Bass, Vice-President
- Patti Harper, Director at Large
- Krisztina Laszlo, Director at Large
Rod Carter and Jonathan Dorey on behalf of the 2016 Program and Host Teams presented information on the Theme and encouraged delegates to attend and to respond to the Call for Proposals in the coming weeks.