Attention Archives Community:
Here are some brief highlights from the ACA 2013 Conference and Annual Meeting, just completed in Winnipeg, MB. Over 220 delegates were in attendance.
Congratulations to the winners of the Archivaria Awards:
- Geoffrey Yeo won the Hugh Taylor Prize
- Richard Dancy won the W. Kaye Lamb Award
- Jordon Bass is the winner of the Gordon Dodds Award
ACA recognized the following winners of its volunteer awards:
- Lyne St-Hilaire Tardif was recognized as an Honorary Archivist
- Nancy Hurn was recognized with the Member Recognition Award
- Jean Dryden was recognized as a Fellow of the Association
At the Annual General Meeting, the members voted in support of the following important initiatives:
- The Canadian Archives System Taskforce was supported to continue its work for another year
- The Educational Guidelines Review Taskforce was approved to continue its work through to the 2014 AGM
- The Special Resolution to Continue ACA under the Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act received unanimous support.
On the ball diamond, Team East was victorious recapturing the Doughty Cup from the West.
The closing Dinner & Dance was a great success with over 120 attendees. The Raffle and silent auction raised over $1,500 for the ACA Foundation.
Further details, as well as some images will be posted to the website in the coming days. Conference proceedings and audio recordings from some sessions will be available later ths summer.