Dear Archival Colleagues,
There are several archival events in Toronto, 16 and 17 January.
1. Royal Society Panel Consultation
The Royal Society of Canada's Expert Panel on the Status and Future of Canada's Libraries and Archives will be holding a consultation in Toronto.
- When: 1:30-4:30, Thursday, 16 January
- Where: room 4422, OISE (Ontario Institute for Studies in Education), 252 Bloor Street West
- RSVP: There is no need to RSVP
More Information: http://librariesarchivescanada.wordpress.com
2. Kate Theimer Talk
The Association of Canadian Archivists (ACA) University of Toronto Student Chapter and the Toronto Area Archivists Group (taag) present Kate Theimer of ArchivesNext.
- When: 5:30, Thursday 16 January
- Where: Maclean Hunter Room, Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library, 120 St George Street, Toronto
- RSVP: Space is Limited! RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>
3. The Canadian Archives Summit
Representatives from l'Association des Archivistes du Quebec (AAQ), the Association of Canadian Archivists (ACA), and the Canadian Council of Archives (CCA) as well as Ian E. Wilson, the former Librarian and Archivist of Canada, have planned a special Canadian Archives Summit: Towards a New Blueprint for Canada's Recorded Memory on Friday, January 17, 2014. The Summit will be broadcast live to locations across Canada.
The four of the Toronto locations where individuals can gather to watch the Summit and take place in discussions are:
- The City of Toronto Archives - from 8am to 5pm - To register your attendance at the City of Toronto Archives, please email Carol Radford-Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> by Tuesday 14 January
- Archives of Ontario - from 8:30am to 5pm - To register your attendance at the Archives of Ontario, please email Erin Strouth at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> by Tuesday 14 January
- The Ryerson University Library & Archives 8:30am to 5pm Ryerson Library, Room 'Lib 489b' - To register your attendance at the Ryerson Library & Archives, please email firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> by Tuesday 14 January.
- Faculty of Information (iSchool), University of Toronto - runs all day 8am to 5pm - no RSVP necessary, RM 538, Claude Bissell Building. Click this link for the full Summit program and the background papers.
Click this link for regional Summit site locations and contact information.